Title: International Space Development Conference (ISDC 2023)
When: Thursday, May 25 to Sunday, May 28, 2023
Where: Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco Hotel Convention Center, 7600 John Q Hammons Drive, Frisco, TX 75034
What: The annual International Space Development Conference (ISDC) is the keynote event of the National Space Society (NSS), bringing together leading managers, engineers, scientists, educators, and business people from civilian, military, commercial, entrepreneurial, and grassroots advocacy space sectors, to work toward the common goal of developing a spacefaring civilization. ISDC has attracted up to 1200 attendees from over 20 countries, and has featured renowned speakers. ISDC has been held in various locations throughout North America, with the 41st annual conference taking place in Frisco, Texas.
ISDC 2023 is where space leaders, astronauts, enthusiasts and the next generations of young students and professionals participate on space development; its scientific, economic, technical and social challenges and potentials. We will host various sessions and workshops focused in multiple areas of space development: Moon and Mars exploration and settlement, deep space exploration, innovative technology, commercialization of space, collaboration in space, living in space, space based solar power, space debris, space tourism, and space law and policy, among others. The theme for ISDC 2023 is A New Space Age.
ISDC 2023 has plenary sessions, keynote speakers, multidisciplinary special topic breakout tracks, exhibit hall, NSS Gerald K. O’Neill Space Settlement Contest, Martine Rothblatt Space Settlement in Our Lifetime Business Plan Competition, Space Policy and Universalization (spUN) Debates, book signing and much more for executives, managers, industry professionals, entrepreneurs, young professionals and students, and space leaders and space enthusiasts. Thought leaders in the space industry will share about past, current and upcoming innovations.
ISDC Attendance: On average, 800-1000 people attend an ISDC annually; 300-400 are international attendees.
Event website: isdc2023.nss.org
Event contact: [email protected]
- Dr. Bonnie Dunbar, Retired NASA Astronaut, Engineer and Educator
- Jared Isaacman, Mission Commander, Polaris Dawn Crew and Commander, Inspiration4
- Dr. Pascal Lee, Planetary Scientist, SETI Institute; Co-Founder and Chairman, Mars Institute; and Director, Haughton-Mars Project
- Dylan Taylor, Chairman & CEO, Voyager Space
- Dr. David Livingston, Founder and Host, The Space Show
- Interplanetary Infrastructure (Saturday)
- Indigenous Space (Thursday)
- LaunchPad Talks (Sunday)
- Living in Space (Sunday)
- Life Support in Space (Saturday)
- Many Roads to Space (Friday)
- Mars (Saturday)
- Moon (Sunday)
- Space Ambassadors (Saturday)
- Space Elevators (Thursday)
- Space Health (Sunday)
- Space Policy (Thursday)
- Space Settlement (Friday)
- Space Solar Power (Thursday and Friday)