NSS Awards and Scholarships
Each year at the International Space Development Conferences, the National Space Society honors individuals and groups who have made significant contributions consistent with the Society’s mission of creating a spacefaring civilization. These awards include:
- The Robert A. Heinlein Memorial Award, for lifetime contributions to the creation of a free spacefaring civilization. Selected by vote of the NSS membership and given only in even-numbered years.
- The NSS Wernher Von Braun Memorial Award, for the greatest space team effort of the year, given only in odd-numbered years.
- The Gerard K. O’Neill Memorial Award for Space Settlement Advocacy, given occasionally as warranted.
- The Space Pioneer Awards, usually three of which are given each year in recognition of significant accomplishments in opening the space frontier.
- The Chris Pancratz Memorial Space Activist of the Year Award for the person who has done the most to move forward the development of space.
- NSS Excellence Awards for individual volunteer efforts in service to the Society.
- NSS Chapter Awards for the most active chapters of the year.
- Bruce M. Clark, Jr. Memorial Scholarship, presented annually to the grand prize winner(s) of the NSS/NASA Ames Space Settlement Design Competition.
- An NSS-ISU scholarship to the International Space University has been given occasionally.
- See also: Contests
List of awards by year:
- 2015 Awards
- 2014 Awards
- 2013 Awards
- 2012 Awards
- 2011 Awards
- 2010 Awards
- 2009 Awards
- 2008 Awards
- 2007 Awards
- 2006 Awards
- 2005 Awards